Friday, January 15, 2010

No Pain-No Gain



You can see why I've titled this post 'No Pain-No Gain', lol.  As you can see from the photo above, Pole Fitness is not all glitz & glamour :)  Working on the pole exposes your body to things it hasn't experienced before, therefore sometimes resulting in bruises, sore muscles and aches & pains.  That is why training is crucial.  It is SO important to know what you are doing and to make sure your body is ready for what you are going to attempt.  If you haven't stretched enough, if your body isn't strong enough or if you are not preforming your moves correctly this could result in serious injury.  Be sure you have done your research and/or have been trained properly before working on your pole.  


The bruises shown above are from my skin not being used to the moves I am doing.  As I continue to practice, my skin will toughen up.  As I build my strength I won't have to rely on my skin taking the brunt of my moves because I will be able to better support myself, which will result in less and more appropriate contact with the pole.


I also bruise extremely easily :) I just wanted to share this with you so that you realize it is not a piece of cake, injury can happen and to give you a little something to laugh at. 


This resembles a crime scene photo! LMAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment